Analytical system and simulation of drivers’ response to controlled-access highway infrastructure and warning signage
Title: Simulacijsko analitični sistem odzivanja voznikov na avtocestno infrastrukturo in opozorilno signalizacijo za namene preprečevanja neprevilne smeri vožnje (SASO)
Duration: 9.9.2016 - 8.9.2018
Estimated value of the project: 641.593,15 EUR
Estimated co-financed value of the project: 266.216,92 EUR
Our development team is focused on many projects providing our customers with innovative, state of the art and cost-effective mobile simulations. The newest project is called Analytical system and simulation of drivers’ response to controlled-access highway infrastructure and warning signage.
For the purposes of preventing wrong-way driving, using know-how in the field of software and hardware, our goal is to develop a prototype of a simulator that will identify critical points of controlled-access highway systems and assist their arrangements by level of threat.
Product will also feature driving simulation in virtual environments at mentioned critical points while collecting behaviour, reactions and biometric parameters of each test subject driving the simulator, with main goal to evaluate if the real-life infrastructure and traffic signage is optimally regulated and if it is possible, to prevent drivers confusion and improve traffic regulation.
Five main project goals are:
- Creation of a prototype-based analytical platform for measuring the response of drivers
- Making of 3D virtual replica module of some of most dangerous motorway sections for a demonstration analysis
- Implementing pilot testing of drivers for the evaluation and validation system
- Development of testing and analysis module to ensure the application of the results of simulator measurements
- Development of final analysis module to define guidelines for improving the highway infrastructure and warning signage
Investment is co-financed by Republic of Slovenia and European Union from the European Regional Development Fund.